Welcome and Namaste!
I am a polyglot developer and have been hacking at things for almost thirteen years now at the time of updating this page. I love building things with technology, especially, architecting scalable, highly performing, multi-tier solutions and I strive for rich user experiences in all of the applications I build.
.NET have been my bread and butter for quite some time now, with increasing focus into
Windows Store Apps and a little bit of cross-platform fun with
Xamarin. I am excited that the projects from my day job has been allowing me to work with more of
Web Development projects these days.
Outside of my job, I have also been contributing to a few Open Source projects - especially in
Web categories and would definitely love to keep doing more of this. Have done a fair bit of
EmberJS and using these to write powerful web and/or desktop/mobile apps (with tools like
electron from GitHub etc.) is what’s been keeping me busy off late.
Swift, the new language from Apple for iOS/Mac OS X development is definitely much more excitng and interesting than working with its kludgy predecessor -
Objective-C are the languages that I work with and love them possibly in that order.
WebStorm from JetBrains has been my favorite IDE for quite some time now and
Visual Studio (along with
ReSharper from JetBrains) is also one the best development tools I have used.
Android Studio from Google (built on the
IntelliJ platform from JetBrains) is what I use for the little bit of
Android development I do. I have also been using quite a bit of the
AppCode IDE (JetBrains again) which seems to so much better than Apple’s free IDE -
These are the few that I think are worthy of a mention here:
- flickr downloadr - A flickr download manager for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux conceived from a personal need.
- kollavarsham - Open Source libraries for Kollavarsham a.k.a. Malayalam Era calendar.
- Bhagavad Gita - Android, iOS, Apple iBooks and web versions of Srimad Bhagavad Gita in Malayalam.
- lzwCompress.js - A compression utility spun off from one of the projects I worked for.
- Cached Image - A WPF control that wraps the native Image control to enable file-system based caching.
- Mantis CI - Android & iOS applications (done in PhoneGap and ember.js) for Travis CI (not maintaining this anymore).
Check out my GitHub profile for all the stuff that I fork and push to.
You could find a few links to my profiles on some of the tech/social sites under the ‘About Me’ section. You could leave a comment here or send me an email to ‘me@<this-site’s-domain>’.
Have a beautiful day!
Last Updated: 09/02/2015-13:37 EDT